- Planning & Building Department
Planning & Building Department
The City of Lake Forest Park Planning and Building Department reviews and issues construction and land use permits and advises the Planning Commission, hearing examiner, City Council, and the public on planning and building projects.
Our mission is to fairly implement and enforce the City’s development and environmental codes and to assist elected and appointed officials in creating policies and regulations that will facilitate community visions and encourage stewardship of the natural environment. We are committed to helping citizens realize their property improvement objectives while working within the framework of the regulations.
- Provide accurate and understandable information to all applicants and citizens in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conduct efficient and predictable review of permit applications and work proactively with applicants to navigate the regulatory process.
- Be responsive to citizens who are concerned about development projects proposed by others by facilitating access to project application materials and providing clear and informative responses to their questions about proposed projects and the City’s regulations.
- Steve Bennett, Planning Director, Phone: 206-957-2812, Email
- Calvin Killman, Building Official, Phone: 206-957-2815, Email
- Nick Holland, Senior Planner, Phone: 206-957-2832, Email
- Riley Bushnell, Assistant Planner, Phone: 206-957-2837, Email
- Hannah Swanson, City Arborist, Phone: 206-957-2804 Email
- Desirae Bearden, Permit Coordinator, Phone: 206-957-2813, Email