Report a Spill (Pollution)

According to Washington state law, all hazardous material and oil spills must be reported immediately by the spiller. The sooner we know about an incident, the quicker we can act to try and reduce damages to the environment and protect sensitive natural resources.

Our Public Works crews have spill kits in each of their vehicles and are trained to respond to spills. Crews are on call 24/7 and have a fast response time. Spills may include, but are not limited to, materials such as:

  • Business Related (gasoline, diesel, cleaning solution / waste, etc.)
  • Construction Site Discharges (sediment and / or chemicals in the stormwater)
  • Sewage Leak / Septic Failure
  • Vehicle Fluids (oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, fuel, etc.)
  • Yard Chemicals (fertilizers, pesticides)

Washington State Department of Ecology - How to Report a Spill

Contact Information

  • During Business Hours (Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.): 206-368-5440
  • After Business Hours 24-hour Hotline: 425-487-5000