- Human Resources
- Employee Benefits
The City of Lake Forest Park offers a comprehensive benefit package for regular full-time employees.
Regular part-time employees may be eligible for medical, dental, and vision coverage; however, their spouses and dependents are not eligible for health insurance coverage unless the part-time employee works a regular schedule of over 30 hours per week.
Note: The benefits described below are for non-union employees. Represented employees may receive some or all of the benefits listed below based on their union contracts. Those employees should consult their union agreements for specific information about their benefits.
- Medical insurance offered through AWC Employee Benefit Trust. The amount paid for by the City is set at the premium of the Group Health $10 copay plan. Employees may select a higher cost plan and pay the difference in the monthly premium:
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Sick Leave
- Wellness Program
- Jury Duty / Military Leave
Investment and Retirement Programs
- Washington State Department of Retirement Systems (DRS)
- 457 Deferred Compensation (voluntary)
- Social Security Replacement 401(a) Program (mandatory)
- Optional plans for life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Day Care Spending Account
- Direct Deposit